Senior Project Manager
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to provide leadership for a number of large-scale energy projects in the US. The Senior Project Manager must demonstrate in depth expertise and solve problems of significant complexity by providing original, innovative, practical, and economical solutions. Your Key Responsibilities Work involves planning, directing, and coordinating complex assignments/projects, modifying established guidelines, and initiating new approaches. Thorough knowledge of organizational directives, programs, standards, and administrative procedures is required. The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in:
- Preparing documents related to development of large scale energy projects
- Executing environmental permitting strategy, developing regulatory strategy, and directing environmental field surveys and construction compliance for a variety of energy-related projects
- Directing subcontracted services and managing project budgets.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of environmental policy and procedures manuals for compliance assurance throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Managing information development, wetland delineations, threatened and endangered species habitat characterizations, land use mapping and vegetation cover classification, GPS data collection, consultations, permitting, and report preparations for the FERC, US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), and state and county agencies.
- Specific experience with local, state and federal environmental permitting in Massachusetts and/or Connecticut, including experience with the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act, MESA, MEPA, CEPA, Chapter 91, Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act (and associated Massachusetts and Connecticut Water Quality Certification requirements), Connecticut DEEP permits, and NPDES permitting.
- Knowledge of large scale energy permitting in Transmission and Distribution and offshore wind a plus
- Partnering with an integrated environmental/engineering team to deliver successful projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of and ability to apply environmental compliance and permitting regulations of applicable regulatory associations, including FERC, ISO, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), USACE, and USFWS.
- Knowledge of documents related to requests for proposals, invitations for bid, and tendering offers.
- A "hands-on" individual experienced in managing permitting applications and projects from start to finish.
- Knowledge of computer applications and functions, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a team environment and build program.
- Ability to review project work, quantities, costs, accuracy of specifications, completeness, and constructability.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Excellence in verbally and written communication, including advanced technical writing abilities.
- Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to perform work accurately in a detail oriented environment.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondence, and other written materials.
Minimum of 10 years of experience specific to regulatory practice.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top