Senior Project Manager
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec is actively seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Project Manager to support the leadership of our growing wastewater practice in the Northern California Region. This consulting engineering role will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects for municipal wastewater/stormwater systems including process, treatment facilities, pipelines, pump stations, and related infrastructure. The selected candidate will need to be affable, self-directed, capable of leading and supervising complex teams, eager to mentor staff, and should demonstrate a passion for involvement in the wastewater/stormwater industry and an enthusiasm to help develop the practice locally, while collaborating with national practice groups.
- Leads and manages all sizes of wastewater/stormwater projects and lead multi-disciplinary teams through planning, design and construction for municipal wastewater clients.
- Perform detailed planning of projects, oversight of execution of that plan and efficient project close-out. Candidate must have proven competency in project set-up (work breakdown structures; resource-loaded scheduling; and monitoring and reporting of earned value and financial performance); and in risk management and change order management.
- Perform a client service management role to ensure ongoing quality of service.
- Interact with clients, local and remote Stantec staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Support local efforts and teams identifying, pursuing and winning new projects with existing clients and developing opportunities with new clients. Participate in the development of proposals and contracts by working directly with clients, business developers and delivery teams.
- Provide technical leadership on projects including treatment process design, pipeline and pump station design, and overall design management.
- Accountable for assuring that projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skills sets to achieve project objectives.
- Desire to contribute quickly to the development of new business and the delivery of high quality work products.
- Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
- Perform engineering calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior-level staff.
- Coordinate with Group Leader and technical staff on issues related to pursuit selection, project staffing and review of technical work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Engagement in local and national technical societies is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, MS preferred, in civil, environmental, chemical, or mechanical engineering, or related field
- Proven specialist expertise; with minimum of 15 years of experience, including client engagement, technical expertise, and mentoring responsibilities. Technical experience to include one or more of the following:
- Project Management of Wastewater Projects
- Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) mitigation planning and design
- Wastewater Treatment Plant and/or Wastewater system master planning
- Wastewater Pump Station Planning and Design
- Collection Systems Master Planning
- Stormwater quality planning and design
- Engineering feasibility analyses and design
- Preparation of construction documents for wastewater infrastructure
- Working knowledge of common software used for hydrologic and hydraulic analysis of open and closed channel conveyance systems
- Knowledge of project management skills related to preparation and management of scopes of service, budgets, and schedules
- Demonstrated expertise and industry/client recognition for municipal wastewater projects.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication including public speaking experience and negotiating skills.
- Valid California P.E. license, or ability to obtain one within 1 year of employment, is required.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Experience in California wastewater sector (including systems/related infrastructure and applicable laws/policies/regulations), are a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top