Senior Project Manager
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead a team of professionals in the design and construction of a large-scale commercial mineable oilsands project. This will be a contract position within our Oil and Gas team in our Calgary office. You will act as the key client interface point and be responsible to ensure the work is completed on time, on budget, and in accordance with safety, environmental, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements. You will direct and support the Project Team to ensure that all technical requirements of the project are understood and achieved.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Overall leadership of the project team and coordination of all stakeholders.
- Primary point of contact with the Client.
- Development of the Project Execution Plan.
- Interact with Client and Project Team daily to proactively address issues and overcome challenges.
- Facilitate key meetings.
- Identify, communicate, and document project risks in the risk register.
- Ensure project controls are in place for cost and schedule.
- Monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, quality and safety requirements.
- Participate in schedule and milestone development and tracking.
- Managing the approved scope, budget and schedule are of utmost importance.
- Day-to-day project oversight and communication with key project stakeholders.
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Accountable for monitoring project performance.
- Preparation of project progress and cost reports.
- Responsible for Change Management (identification of scope changes, preparing, reporting and managing change orders).
- Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments.
- Review and approve all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
- Position reports to Manager - Upstream
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills
- Proven experience building, leading, and managing high performing project teams
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills in use of Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- Engineering degree and 15 years of relevant industry experience.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) is an asset
- Minimum 10 years industry experience on Major Projects in a leadership role.
- Experience in Project Management in an EPCM environment leading multi-disciplinary teams through design, construction, commissioning and closeout.
- Mineable oilsands experience is mandatory
- Tailings Management experience is mandatory
- Integrated project team experience is mandatory
- Strong attention to detail with proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003NO
Back to top