Senior Project Manager
Your Opportunity At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we help wherever we can. And through it all, the goals of our clients and their communities remain at the center of everything we create. Join our community, and help us get mined materials to the global communities who need them. Help us connect with our stakeholders and build lasting relationships.
Your Duties Working on one of Stantec's largest Detailed Engineering projects you will assume the role of Senior Project Manager. This position can be located in either our Sudbury, ON or Sakatoon, SK office.
- Senior Project Management, technical direction and execution of the engineering or study portion of the overall client project with an integrated team approach.
- Interaction with project controls and associated reporting.
- Client interfacing on project issues.
- Ensuring that safety is a mandatory subject for discussion and action at all Discipline meetings and requiring that all designs incorporate safety elements for the construction and operation of all components of the work
- Completion of all project deliverables on schedule.
- Direct (on a project level) engineering or mining disciplines who provide support to the project.
- Implementation of corporate procedures, quality and safety standards.
- Successful project execution.
- Coordinate responses to field construction queries.
- Resource planning and forecasts for project execution.
- Managing non-chargeable time (self and administrative reports).
- Provide project status updates as well as budgetary information and remediation plans where necessary.
- Monitor and ensure client satisfaction, thus maximizing business opportunities from known clients.
- Managing and participating in preparation of functional/design basis statements, design criteria, data sheets, technical specifications, and designs associated with hoisting, mine infrastructure and ventilation. Directing activities of the Engineering Manager and discipline leads for larger projects.
- Supporting technical and commercial procurement functions.
- Leading the development and progressing of the Engineering/Mining schedulers and supporting the interface with the Construction Management schedulers.
- Supporting the quality control and assurance manager in QA / QC functions.
- Supporting preparation of construction bid packages.
- Supporting the Risk Review / Hazop program.
- Supporting site construction as necessary.
- Travel to our Saskatoon, Sudbury and North Bay offices as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Preference given to Bachelors (or higher) degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 15-20 years of consulting project management / engineering experience
- Preference given to Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation
- Preference given to Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- Lead Project Manager role in projects with capital expenditure of $20M +
- Supervision of 20+ other engineering staff on a project basis
- Proven engineering expertise and competency in Mining projects and associated facilities
- Experience with Canadian jurisdictions and their various acts and regulations
- Genuine team player who will encourage teamwork with the project team plus other discipline staff
- High level of initiative and ability to complete tasks on schedule and budget
- Focused on providing quality services to the clients in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong mentoring skills and desire to encourage junior staff
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top