Senior Project Manager
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. We provide integrated, multidisciplinary services to identify and assess liabilities and risks, and to develop solutions to site management, remediation, and mitigation. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in botany, ecology, fisheries biology, forestry, GIS, habitat and ecosystem restoration, environmental monitoring and risk assessment, hydrogeology, hydrology, information management, permitting and compliance, soil science, state and federal permitting, regulatory negotiation, storm water permitting and planning, wetland science, and wildlife biology.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to provide leadership for a number of large-scale energy projects in the US. The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in:
- Preparing documents related to development of large scale energy projects
- Executing environmental permitting strategy, developing regulatory strategy, and directing environmental field surveys and construction compliance for a variety of energy-related projects
- Directing subcontracted services and managing project budgets.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of environmental policy and procedures manuals for compliance assurance throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Managing information development, wetland delineations, threatened and endangered species habitat characterizations, land use mapping and vegetation cover classification, GPS data collection, consultations, permitting, and report preparations for the FERC, US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), and state and county agencies.
- Specific experience with local, state and federal environmental permitting in Massachusetts and/or Connecticut, including experience with the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act, MESA, MEPA, CEPA, Chapter 91, Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act (and associated Massachusetts and Connecticut Water Quality Certification requirements), Connecticut DEEP permits, and NPDES permitting.
- Knowledge of large scale energy permitting in Transmission and Distribution and offshore wind a plus
- Partnering with an integrated environmental/engineering team to deliver successful projects.
The Senior Project Manager must demonstrate in depth expertise and solve problems of significant complexity by providing original, innovative, practical, and economical solutions. Work involves planning, directing, and coordinating complex assignments/projects, modifying established guidelines, and initiating new approaches. Thorough knowledge of organizational directives, programs, standards, and administrative procedures is required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Desired:
- Bachelor's degree, masters or law degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience specific to regulatory practice.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply environmental compliance and permitting regulations of applicable regulatory associations, including FERC, ISO, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), USACE, and USFWS.
- Knowledge of documents related to requests for proposals, invitations for bid, and tendering offers.
- A "hands-on" individual experienced in managing permitting applications and projects from start to finish.
- Knowledge of computer applications and functions, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a team environment and build program.
- Ability to review project work, quantities, costs, accuracy of specifications, completeness, and constructability.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Excellence in verbally and written communication, including advanced technical writing abilities.
- Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to perform work accurately in a detail oriented environment.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondence, and other written materials.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, self-directed, and possess the ability to make sound business decisions. The ability to balance an entrepreneurial, pragmatic approach to business development and project execution is essential. The position requires a focus on client needs, strong leadership, strategic/critical thinking, and problem solving skills to advance both the client and Stantec in the energy sector.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top