Senior Project Manager - ( 2000027N )
Many of the world's top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community's interaction with water a bit differently-as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we're hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O U
Stantec have been partnering with our clients for more than 60 years to improve the quality of life around the world. We operate with the strength of a $4.8B company paired with the agility of an established Water practice to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting-edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful water projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
Our Surrey, British Columbia office operates the largest water and wastewater consultancy in British Columbia and serves as a primary design center for major water projects including; potable water treatment, storage reservoirs, pump stations; wastewater treatment plants, and lift stations. Our team is seeking a Senior Project Manager who will be an integral part of our leadership in mainland Vancouver, winning water infrastructure work, while working collaboratively to support business operations and project delivery.
Does working with clients on great projects, with a talented team of professional's appeal to you? Apply now and you can join some of the best technical people in the world and work on projects you can be proud of!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Pursue and lead transformational water projects in Mainland Vancouver.
- Serve as Project Manager and Engineer of record for large water infrastructure projects, ensuring project delivery, budget and quality standards are maintained.
- Develop project scope, budget, and design approach for various projects including evaluation, selection, specification of engineering systems or products.
- Recognize when problems develop and initiate guidance for corrective actions.
- Perform on technically complex projects and act as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members.
- Provide exceptional technical service to our clients.
- Execute multiple concurrent projects efficiently.
Client Management and Account Management
- Develop positive relationships with clients, earn their confidence to become their trusted adviser.
- Develop and implement "win" strategies, including client contact, proposal preparation, and preparation of and participation in client interviews.
- Perform regular client account analyses and develop tactical action plans for specific pursuits.
- Provide leadership in winning and contracting Master Service Agreements (MSAs), overseeing preparation of pre-qualifications packages, and leading teams of technical and marketing professionals in responding to requests for proposals (RFPs, as well as sole sourced opportunities).
- Work directly with other leaders to sustain and grow revenue, gross margin, and operating income key performance metrics.
- Coordinate with Stantec's marketing team to develop targeted branding materials, leverage event participation, and maximize exposure of Stantec's subject matter experts.
- Help build, grow, and develop a team of high performers through recruitment & retention of water staff within the water practice.
- Mentor developing professionals to guide their career development objectives.
- Participate in local and national professional associations.
- Drive Stantec's Safer Together culture, prioritizing the health and safety of our employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our code of business conduct and ethics policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience of managing pursuits and successfully delivering large water infrastructure projects with $5M in engineering fees (or higher).
- Strong understanding of the Water consulting business specific to treatment, conveyance, and water resources. Understanding of the Water consulting business and clients within Metro Vancouver and the British Columbia Lower Mainland as a whole is an asset.
- Proven project management and technical skills applicable to the delivery of water projects.
- Entrepreneurial orientation with understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider and with a demonstrated track record of building business and generating revenue.
- Attention to detail and can manage projects and business development activities simultaneously, working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships across Stantec's practices and geographies
- Proven ability to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire staff to work together cohesively as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the highest degree of integrity.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical or Civil/Environmental engineering. Master's preferred.
- A Professional Engineering designation and registration or eligibility to register with EGBC is required. PMP or similar would be an asset.
- At least 15 years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating diverse experience in public and municipal sectors associated with the planning, design, and construction of water infrastructure projects.
- At least 5 years of experience with client relations and developing business.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Surrey
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1117 Water-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 30, 2020, 9:46:02 AM
Req ID: 2000027N
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans