Senior Project Manager
Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind.
Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Stantec's Austin, Texas office is looking for a Senior Project Manager , a registered professional with a minimum of 12 years' experience.
Your Duties The Senior Project Manager is a licensed professional with responsibility for project performance in terms of profit, quality, and client satisfaction. The role primarily involves management of the internal team and external consultants while working with the principal in charge in interfacing with the client. The Senior Project Manager may be called upon to manage one or more projects of various complexity and scope. They are expected to have a rich and diverse set of experience and knowledge.
This is a leadership role that requires oversight, guidance and mentoring of others to include:
- Oversee preparation of documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details, models, and renderings
- Oversee selection of building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and associated documentation
- Conduct field observation acting as an agent of the client and report progress of construction to the client
- Manage and tracking of change orders, pay apps and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule
- Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors
- Determine staffing needs and recommend personnel
- Motivate project teams
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent in support of architectural license is required
- Architectural license required
- Architectural experience in Commercial projects is required
- LEED accredited professional is preferred
- Detailed knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity
- Ability to oversee development of building documentation in modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD)
- Strong experience with general software (Newforma Project Center, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, etc.)
- Ability to check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong understanding of project financials
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top