Senior Project Estimator
- Greater Sudbury, Canada
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Our Mining Team is currently looking for a Senior Project Estimator based in our Sudbury ON, North Bay ON or Saskaton SK office.
Working within a dynamic team in our office with opportunities to travel, the Project Estimator will assist in developing project estimates / budgets from order-of-magnitude to detailed working estimates, based on the latest available costing methodology and data. Results will be presented in a work breakdown format suitable for use by our national and international clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop project estimates/budgets from order-of-magnitude to detailed working estimates.
- Review design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Work closely with the mining engineer / designer and the engineering group to utilize the best project tools to achieve project objectives, troubleshoot, and help resolve issues.
- Ensure quality, consistency, and integrity of all deliverables.
- Assist with periodic field reviews of design or construction.
- Perform thorough quality control of construction documents and provide design ideas and solutions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Candidate will possess relevant training and/or certification with a project cost estimating organization
- Must be competent with analysis, numeration, research, and the use of estimating, and scheduling software (specifically Hard Dollar, MS Office, and Primavera).
- Experience with InEight Estimate (Hard Dollar) software preferred.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a fast-paced team atmosphere.
- Must possess a high degree of problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of all construction disciplines (civil, mechanical, electrical, piping, structural, etc.).
- Must have a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate, or equivalent in related field required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in a mining (underground preferred), mining construction, or heavy industrial environment preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and/or activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Control Estimating
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001GT
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top