Senior Project Estimator
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science. Your Opportunity Our Mining team is currently looking for an Senior Project Estimator based in our Tempe, AZ office.
Working within a dynamic team in our office with opportunities to travel, you will assist in developing project estimates/budgets from order of magnitude to detailed working estimates, based on the latest available costing methodology and data, and presenting the results in a work breakdown format suitable for use by our national and international clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary design team
- Work closely with the Mining Engineer/Designer and the engineering group in recommending the best use of project tools in order to achieve project objectives, troubleshoot and resolve issues with the project tools
- Ensure the assurance of quality, consistency and integrity of all deliverables
- Assist with periodic field reviews of design or construction
- Preparing drawings/documents
- Provides preliminary drawings/sketches/notes for projects, redlines and plans for submittals
- Performs thorough quality control of construction documents and provides design ideas and solutions
- As the ideal candidate you possess relevant training and/or certification with a project cost estimating organization and 6-10 years' experience in a mining (underground preferred), mining construction, or heavy industrial environment.
- You are competent with analysis, numeration, research, and the use of spreadsheet and scheduling software (specifically Hard Dollar, MS Office and Primavera).
- You possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a fast-pace team atmosphere.
- A high degree of problem solving, and decision-making skills are essential.
- You have a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none.
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top