Senior Project Engineer/Manager
- Merrick Park, FL
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists in Stantec's Coral Gables office for a highly motivated Senior Project Engineer/Manager.
The successful candidate will assist Stantec's Area manager in growing our design practice in Coral gables, Florida. This will include business development, recruitment and retention of staff. This position will also assist in preparing the annual budget, monthly staff hour projections, negotiating staff hours with clients, invoicing, and be responsible for the profitability of the projects managed.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Direct highly complex and specialized roadway and drainage design engineering projects on an areawide basis including limited access tolled and non-tolled facilities, as well as, arterial roadway projects;
- Plan and organize the work of subordinates and staff members in multiple offices;
- Lead roadway plans preparation and development efforts as the engineer of record;
- Prepare Geometric analyses and calculations in support of established design criteria;
- Develop and/or review policies, methods, practices, and procedures; and review plans for conformance with FDOT design standards.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbally and in writing)
- Ability to work in MicroStation, Geopak and 3D Engineering Modeling software is a plus.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6 preferred.
- Experience in the preparation of presentations utilizing PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage projects and/or provide Quality Assurance / Quality Control reviews under various project delivery systems including Design Build and Conventional Design-Bid-Build projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree. Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree may be substituted for one (1) year engineering experience.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensed in the State of Florida or ability to get within 6 months.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of engineering experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Coral Gables
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002V6
Back to top