Senior Project Engineer - Water Resources
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
An opportunity exists in Stantec's Ohio Water Sector for a highly motivated Senior Water Resources Engineer with strong H & H, design and modeling experience. This role can be based in Columbus, Cleveland or Cincinnati.
Your Duties: The Senior Project Engineer will focus on:
- Planning, analysis/design (storm, watershed, modeling H&H, pipeline, green infrastructure) and the construction of water resources projects.
- Hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, preparing detailed design calculations, developing construction drawings and specifications, and overseeing design implementation.
- This person will be able to work effectively with all project team members, including the client, the project manager, other design team members, and the contractor.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Must have a BS in civil/environmental engineering from an ABET accredited institution; MS preferred.
- Must have a PE license in the State of Ohio, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- 5 to 10 years experience in the analysis/design of water resources projects, including: hydrologic/hydraulic modeling (SWMM, HEC-RAS, etc.), green infrastructure, stream restoration, and linear infrastructure.
- Completion of Rosgen short course(s) preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcGIS, and MS Office.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be willing to travel to project locations as required.
- Must be proactive with workload by clearly communicating with the project manager and supervisor.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to think ahead and plan effectively.
- Must be assertive and be able to clearly communicate with other design team members.
- Must be detail oriented to produce clear, concise designs and details.
- Must have good written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work on a variety of project types.
- Must have experience and willingness to work directly with Clients.
- Must have experience working in the field, including on active construction sites.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top