Senior Project Engineer - Infrastructure
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
We have an immediate opportunity within our Water practice in Mobile,
Alabama for a Civil Engineer with Water/Wastewater and Restoration experience
to manage water infrastructure and water resources projects. Projects may include
water and wastewater treatment, water transmission and sewer collection lines, pumping
stations, flood relief projects, environmental restoration and green
infrastructure. Our strong team continues to grow along the Gulf Coast,
so it is an exciting time to join us as we continue our success and create more
opportunities for our staff's growth and development.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with a team of designprofessionals and technicians
- Demonstrate technical design skillsincluding hydraulic modeling
- Assist with business developmentpursuits including proposal preparation and participation in interviews
- Interact with clients and managementregarding status of project scope, schedule, and budget
- Apply and share experience/knowledgeof design expertise
- Engage in preparation ofconstruction documents including; plans, specifications, and construction costestimates
- Research and understand issuesrelated to regulatory and other drivers that impact individual projects
- Ensure that projects' needs are metin a timely and effective manner
- Work effectively with all projectteam members, including the client, the project manager, other design teammembers, and the contractor
- Provide project management on avariety of small projects
- Write and edit technical reports andengineering studies
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Registered PE in the state of AL or the ability to acquire within 6 months
- Candidate must have technical writing abilities
- Be a self-motivated individual, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be adept at prioritizing multiple tasks
- Construction related experience is a plus
- Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with Project Scheduling, HydroCAD and Arc View /GIS desired.
- ENV SP, LEEP AP or LEEP Green Associate certification, a plus
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution. A minimum five (5) years of engineering experience with at least three (3) years of experience in water and wastewater system design.
Typical office environment working with computers and sitting at a desk. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Mobile
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002TC
Back to top