Senior Project Designer, ICT (Information & Communication Technology)
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Stantec is looking for an Information & Communications Technology Design Engineer specializing in Building Technology Systems with specific experience in Telecommunications Infrastructure design. The Project Designer, ICT Consulting applies technical skills and knowledge to manage key project deliverables that meet project requirements and exceed client expectations. Work consists of the design of structured cabling, network systems, wireless, access control, CCTV, CATV, nurse call, audiovisual systems and other technology systems.
Your Key Responsibilities
Project Involvement - approximately 95-96% of time.
- Designs technology systems for the built environment, including pathway drawings, low voltage device and telecommunications outlet plan drawings, systems single line drawings and technical specifications. Technology systems include but are not limited to:
- Structured Cable Systems
- Electronic Security Systems
- Nurse Call Systems
- Paging Systems
- CATV systems
- Wireless Systems
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
- Data Network Systems
- Telephony Systems
- Applies basic technical skills and design documentation processes to produce accurate and timely deliverables.
- Handles design development and document preparation in written and computer-aided design formats.
- Collaborates with project managers as part of a coordinated design team.
- Effectively delegates work to production support staff as needed.
- Under the direction of the project manager, supports project requirements including opinions-of-probable-costs estimates, drawing documentation and systems design.
- Develops efficient and accurate solutions to design problems.
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options.
- Reviews drawings and researches code and standard issues to comply with city, state, county and federal regulations.
- Communicates with manufacturers and contractors to address challenges and develop practical designs.
- Provides contract documents that meet required codes and quality assurance standards.
Learning/Maintaining and Expanding Technical Skills - approximately 4-5% of time.
- Develops knowledge of technologies, trends and the markets in which we work as they apply to the applicable project types, and continually strengthens skills.
- Proactively pursues additional knowledge in related disciplines by attending available in house and external training.
Meetings, initiatives, and projects - approximately 1% of time.
- Attends in-house project meetings and potentially out of office client meetings.
- Actively participates in meetings, initiatives, and projects that support Business Center and company goals.
- Assists in development and maintenance of drawing standards and specifications.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiarity with network, wireless, access control, CCTV, CATV, nurse call and audiovisual design considerations.
- Ability to prepare detailed design drawings with supervision.
- Ability to integrate design elements with architectural, civil, structural, electrical, mechanical and other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design.
- Knowledge of electrical systems for the built environment.
- Basic knowledge of applicable codes and standards including ANSI/TIA and BICSI best practices.
- Ability to apply logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into deliverables.
- Ability to demonstrate a credible and trustworthy presence through professionalism and demeanor.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present accurate, professionally written reports and recommendations.
- Familiarity with Building Information Modeling (BIM) software; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience
- 5 years of experience
- RCDD Certification strongly desired. In addition DCDC, OSP, CTS and other technology certifications are advantages.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Strong working knowledge of BIM; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
- Experience with Visio and/or iBwave.
- Knowledge of specialty calculations.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects.
Office Location and Schedule
- This position will exist at Stantec BC 2048 location in Lynnwood, WA
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The staff member frequently is required to sit, talk and hear. The staff member is frequently required to visit and navigate existing facilities and construction sites, which often requires the ability to walk and climb. The staff member must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Technology Consultant
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Lynnwood
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003D7
Back to top