Senior Project Architect - Education - ( 2100009F )
We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration--spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-- good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
We are looking for talented Senior Project Architects to join our Arlington, VA Charlottesville, VA Richmond VA Philadelphia PA and Washington DC offices.
Your Key Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Architect is a licensed professional with responsibility for project performance in terms of design excellence and technical quality. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of project budget, schedule and overall work planning.
- Utilize Revit in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Prepare documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details.
- Interpret and apply building codes, energy codes, and requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Assure permit requirements for local jurisdiction building permit sets are achieved.
- Coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and associated documentation including clash detection within the BIM model.
- Coordinate with and direct external consultants including evaluation of quality and progress of work.
- Execute building design using sustainable design principles.
- Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Participate in client project meetings.
- Participate in value analysis, constructability reviews and basic cost estimating.
- Recommend and assist in the selection of building systems and materials.
- Be responsible for the accuracy of and assist in the preparation of specifications.
- Participate in bidding and negotiation and preparation of addenda.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
- Proactively inform the construction process in maintaining quality standards and adherence to the contract documents.
- Review shop drawings and submittals, respond to RFIs, prepare site observation reports, and other construction administration tasks.
- Coordinate the efforts of the production team to ensure that work conforms to project budget, schedule, and overall work planning.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in the K12 and Higher Education markets strongly preferred.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Strong technical competence. Ability to faithfully execute and support design ideas through well-conceived, constructible, and coordinated detailing.
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity.
- Proficient in use of Revit preferred.
- Design-focused, team player, flexible, responsible, organized, rigorous thinker, committed to high quality, personable with strong communication skills. Open minded and curious.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 15 years of experience
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent in support of architectural license required.
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP perferred.
- Letter of interest, resume with list of representative projects, and sample of portfolio work.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Arlington
Other Locations : United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, United States-Virginia-Charlottesville, United States-Virginia-Richmond, United States-District Of Columbia-Washington
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-1779 Buildings-US Mid Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 9, 2021, 7:48:21 AM
Req ID: 2100009F
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans