Senior Project Architect
Your Opportunity We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Stantec's Austin Office is looking for a Project Architect, a registered professional with a minimum of 12 years' experience.
Your Duties A Project Architect is a licensed professional with responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of the public. They are expected to have a broad set of experience and knowledge and may also have an area of expertise.
- Responsible for managing complex tasks on multiple large scope, highly complex projects
- Assists in the planning, organization, and directing of the work throughout the life cycle of the project
- Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors
- Participate in client project requirement meetings
- Assist in the preparation of specifications in coordination with building plans and the specifications writer
- Recommendation and selection of building systems and materials
- Participate in constructability review
- Participate in bidding and negotiation phase and prepare addenda
- Coordinate and direct external consultants including evaluation of quality and progress of work
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects
- Assist in preparation of project budget, schedule and overall work planning
- Ensures that work conforms to project budget, schedule, and overall work planning
Your Capabilities and Credentials Qualifications:
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent in support of architectural license is required
- Architectural license required
- Architectural experience in Commercial projects is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity
- Experience with modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD)
- Experience with Bluebeam preferred
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top