Senior Project Architect
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, formerly RNL Design, we always design with community in mind.
Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Stantec's Denver office is looking for a Senior Project Architect, a registered professional with a minimum of 10 years experience.
Your Duties: The successful candidate will:
- Interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material
- Utilize BIM technologies in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components
- Prepare and revise documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details
- Interpret and apply building codes, energy codes, and requirements of regulatory agencies
- Assist in the coordination of permit requirements for city building permit sets
- Coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and associated documentation including clash detection within the BIM model
- Coordinate civil engineering work as it relates to the building design
- Conduct field observation and report progress of construction
- Review shop drawings and submittals, respond to RFIs, prepare site observation reports, and other contract administration tasks
- Evaluate building design using sustainable design principles
- Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors
- Participate in client project requirement meetings
- Participate in value analysis and basic cost estimating
- Assist in the preparation of specifications in coordination with building plans and the specifications writer
- Recommendation and selection of building systems and materials
- Participate in constructability review
- Participate in bidding and negotiation phase and prepare addenda
- Coordinate and direct external consultants including evaluation of quality and progress of work
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects
- Assist in preparation of project budget, schedule and overall work planning
- Ensures that work conforms to project budget, schedule, and overall work planning
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent in support of architectural license is required
- Architectural license is required
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred
- Architectural experience in educational facilities is strongly preferred
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity
- Experience with modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD)
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top