Senior Project Architect
Stantec is inviting discussion with Project Architects in San Francisco. Our commercial mixed-use and multifamily studio is expanding, and we want to strengthen our growing team with professionals like you who focus on high-density, urban mixed-use residential projects. We're looking for people who know how to get things done in this city.
If you love the city of San Francisco and (for better or worse) are conversant in its zoning and planning code, CEQA compliance, and have strong building permitting experience to complement our deep commitment to design-then, let's talk.
San Francisco is growing and so are we! We want you to help drive that growth. This is a great opportunity to be part of something exciting from the ground up-so come join us!
Stantec has a compelling story to tell, and it's only been getting better. When you come to work, you get to interact with exceptional people with diverse backgrounds and experience. You can apply your own talents and add value to projects in San Francisco and the Bay Area, and, increasingly, anywhere in the Stantec network.
You want to make a difference. So do we. This is an invitation to discuss your future. Let's chat.
- Understands the client, consultant and contractor relationships and facilitates the integration of varying needs and interests
- Strong understanding of and successful completion of mixed-use residential and urban infill projects in the City and County of San Francisco
- Able to maintain and forward the development of the design concept
- Offers and supports creative technical design and detailing decisions that are in line with project goals and understands their impact on cost, construction, sustainability and other factors
- Understands and leads the integration of code, zoning, market specific best practices and other issues into the project
- Adheres to established project sustainability requirements
- Has the ability to follow verbal and written instructions to revise, develop and produce plans, elevations and details appropriately
- Understands and is able to lead projects through SFDBI building permitting process
- Excels in the art, understanding and approach to documenting how the project is to be constructed
- Understands relationship between design goals and technical constraints and executes accordingly
- Responsible for and coordinates all project coordination (consultants, code, specifications, etc.)
- Directs document production in adherence to the project checklist and is responsible for our QA/QC standard implementation
- General knowledge (in-depth knowledge greatly preferred) of AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp and other industry accepted software
- Understands and researches current trends in construction, building systems, etc.
- A degree in Architecture at an accredited institution
- A Licensed Architect is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of related industry experience
- Zoning, entitlements retail ground-up construction background
- Proficient in construction practices, phasing impacts, building systems, site and related infrastructure issues
- A general working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp and other industry accepted software
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Architecture & Interior Design
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top