Senior Process Engineer, Water/Wastewater
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind . The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents.
We've recently strengthened our presence by completing the acquisition of engineering services firm, MWH Global. This means more career opportunities for you in consulting, design, and construction for the water and natural resources sector globally.
We are excited that MWH has integrated fully into Stantec and we are now collaborating on even bigger and more exciting large-scale projects that make a difference in our communities. With MWH joining Stantec, we are now a global player in the water / wastewater market!
Our dynamic and exciting collaborative culture will give the selected candidate the opportunity to thrive and further their career.
Stantec is seeking a Senior Process Engineer to join our highly successful water practice in Surrey, BC. Stantec's Surrey office is conveniently connected and located next to the Gateway Skytrain Station. Surrey, the second largest city in British Columbia, has lots to offer, from its farmlands to its thriving city centre.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to undertake design of water and/or wastewater treatment systems.
- Undertake wastewater and/or water treatment system planning and design.
- Liaise with clients and other consultants.
- Prepare economic analysis for water and/or wastewater treatment projects.
- Prepare construction specifications, tender documents, and applications for approvals.
- Construction / contract administration knowledge.
- Manage and supervise engineers and technical staff to ensure that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner;
- Meet with clients, municipal officials, public, and contractors to review project needs and coordinate field conditions;
- Manage project schedule and budget;
- Manage the process for obtaining approvals from various agencies;
- Write reports and design briefs to document analyses;
- Coordinate presentation and design drawings, in AutoCAD.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Civil, Engineering related field. Masters and PHD are preferred.
- Professional Engineer in British Columbia or in another province.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years' experience in engineering analysis and design of water, wastewater systems.
- Must be able to manage design teams.
- Must be self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience in providing construction support services, such as change in field conditions resolution, representing agencies at field meetings and observation of construction is desirable.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top