Senior Process Architect
Stantec is developing its Boston pharmaceutical practice and requires a Senior Process Architect. Our clients are some of the leading pharmaceutical companies in the world. If you have experience designing pharmaceutical and biotech facilities and helping to sell these sorts of services to clients then this position may be of interest to you.
Your role as a senior contributor on our professional Architecture team is to work independently to assist clients through the planning and creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning designs. Your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with layouts, material and people flow diagrams, FDA regulatory expectations and building codes. You will lead the development of integrated design proposals, continuous updating of a building information model, preparing a variety of output / drawings throughout the project, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables as required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Advocates and inspires creativity, critical thought and design excellence both internally and externally.
- Support Business Development activities, including marketing proposals, interview, conference attendance, etc.
- Assists in identification, recruiting, and interviewing of design staff at all levels. Acts as a mentor, teacher and coach to design staff with the goal of growing and guiding them through their careers.
- Fosters collaboration between offices while providing design vision.
- Develops and implements firm's brand, image, marketing collateral and business collateral.
- Participates in performance reviews including setting of job goals.
- Engages staff in dialog on design, ensures design process is followed and influences usage of technological tools.
- Identifies and directs project photography, written descriptions, and other media in support of building the firm's portfolio.
- Ambassador and steward of the firm's portfolio of work with ability to guide and educate others.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven experience leading conceptual design efforts.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer for design and understand CAD operations (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.).
- Must have the ability to interpret a building program and generate varied design concepts (knowledge of building and zoning codes).
- Proven experience interacting and communicating directly with clients. Active participation in industry organizations and related initiatives is strongly preferred (for example: speaking engagements, presenting at industry events and conferences, etc.).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work on more than one project at a time.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 10 -15 years previous pharmaceutical architectural design experience, working on a variety of projects such as Oral Solid Dosage (OSD), Aseptic Filling Line, and Biologic Cell Culture/Purification. Experience in Incubator Lab design also desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University or College, preferably in Architecture; Registered architect and AIA certification is strongly preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 1800021O
Back to top