Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer - Edinburgh
Globally, Stantec is one of the leading consultants in Environmental Services and one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. Stantec has been selected by key Clients across the UK as a strategic consultancy provider. As a consequence we are for the right people to join our team to help deliver these exciting opportunities.
This is a chance to join our Team in Edinburgh providing support in the delivery of a range projects.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and Stantec expectations.
As part of the Design Team the role has responsibility for providing support in all areas of Mechanical Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to infrastructure and treatment assets in line with our clients' strategic direction. The role holder will also provide support and guidance to staff based in the local office.
• Experience within the delivery of mechanical engineering design in utilities sectors, particularly in water and energy sectors
• Responsible for supporting the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
• Undertake scoping and design, and provide ongoing support to Delivery Partners during the construction and commissioning of projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
• Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards. Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
• Undertake checking of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications produced by other Engineers.
• Preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
• Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
• Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
• Work collaboratively within an integrated team environment to deliver design solutions
• Lead, manage, supervise and advise less senior members of the team
• Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
• Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
• Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
• Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer - Edinburgh
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant subject
• Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution e.g. IMechE
• Experience in delivering different stages of projects from feasibility to construction support.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages and digital design applications
• Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordancce with QA and H&S procedures.
• Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently.
• Ability to support and manage project team members.
• Ability to develop an environment where values and behaviours are embraced as part of the organisation's culture.
• Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
• Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team - both written and oral
• Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
• Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
• Excellent client service focus
• Flexible approach to work
We are an equal opportunities employer
The closing date for this role is Tuesday 30th April
The salary for this role is between £45,000 to £55,000
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec...we're looking for opportunities.
Back to top