Senior Principal, Business Development
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
The role is largely a client service function; ensuring proper workload distribution and resource management are met in alignment with project delivery's mission and Stantec's core values and policies at least 50% of the time. The Sr. Principal, Business Development is responsible to hire staff in the region, to manage and mentor local staff within the team and to meet the needs of the Regional Leadership Team. This position is accountable for complete delivery in his/her specific region, and acts as an internal/external client service manager for the regional business units. This position supports business development efforts across all divisions of Stantec, assists with scope definition, and provides associated competitive design project pricing as requested by the Regional Business Leader. Your Key Responsibilities:
- Successful interaction with the local market. Responsibility for relationships and project and service delivery with all area clients
- Oversight and nurturing of all area employees. Perform semi-annual and annual employee performance reviews and make sure all staff in the area receive appropriate mentoring to achieve their goals and career growth/development
- Ensure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices
- Plan and implement the area branding and business development efforts •
- Regular and routine participation in clients' projects including quality review, meetings with client's executive and department staff, and help in identifying new solutions for the client
- Review KPI's including backlog growth, talent development and client satisfaction
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Strong skills in client, employee, and business management for large municipal projects
- Management experience coupled with exceptional organizational, technical, communication, leadership and detail skills also required
- Responsible for business development; achieving $5-8 MM annually
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or similar Engineering discipline is required
- Master's in Civil/Environmental Engineering or similar Engineering discipline preferred
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Nevada is preferred
- 12 years of detailed experience in the environmental (water/wastewater) industry
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top