Senior Practice Leader - Water
- San Antonio, TX
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. From initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning; our work consists of engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management and project economics. Our work begins at the intersection of community, creativity and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has a unique ability to connect with our people on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media for more information.
Our US South Water business is rapidly growing, and we are seeking a Senior Practice Leader to support our Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Mississippi operations. Stantec's Water Team pursues and executes flood risk reduction, coastal restoration, water supply, water treatment, wastewater treatment, industrial water, conveyance and stormwater projects of varying size and complexity. This is a senior-level position that will use their industry knowledge, client relationships and expertise to assist in setting the vision and strategic direction of our US South Water business. The role involves identifying, developing, pursuing, and winning projects with new and existing clientele to grow our business. The position will also assist in the execution and delivery of technically complex projects through the full project lifecycle. The successful candidate will be someone with strong leadership and communication skills, market knowledge, business acumen, and a successful history of client relations and account management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Contributing to the development of a regional and national business strategy with a focus and accountability to the US Gulf. Support in setting the vision and direction of the Water practice across all our key sectors.
- Development of long-lasting partnerships with our clients.
- Key account management responsibilities.
- Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors to achieve top line growth.
- Leading and implementing business development strategies for key clients and strategic pursuits.
- Participating and leading market and business development meetings and client relations.
- Development of an annual business plan and accountability to the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Working collaboratively across business lines to understand our client's needs and facilitate full-service offerings.
- Leadership and involvement in related industry organizations and professional societies.
- Project delivery oversight of complex water projects.
- Talent recruitment, development, and mentoring.
- Ability to travel as needed to fill role responsibilities.
- Promoting a strong culture of health and safety.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Regional market knowledge and strong account management performance
- Strong business development skills with an entrepreneurial orientation, including experience developing and maintaining productive relationships with a client base.
- Successful experience in responding to Requests for Qualifications, Requests for Proposals and Statements of Qualifications.
- Strong leadership, team building and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex water projects with an emphasis on technical and project delivery excellence.
- Passion for water related projects.
- United States Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful passing of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Education and Experience
BS with at least 20 years of professional experience in related fields.
Licensed professional engineer and ability to obtain reciprocity in required states.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Business Operations
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Other Locations: United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Texas-Austin
Employee Status: Regular
Req ID: 200001O5
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top