Senior Plumbing Designer
buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent
fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be
true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct
business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared
journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design.
From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring
transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise,
creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
an integral member of the Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) team, the
Senior Plumbing Designer produces construction documents to fulfill clients' goals.
This position is also responsible to QA/QC construction documents, provide
design ideas and solutions, and train or mentor other Designers, Operators or
- Producesconstruction documents using relevant drafting/design software.
- Demonstratescomplete understanding of software and how to apply it to companyprocedures.
- Demonstratesunderstanding of all horizontal/vertical design requirements.
- Organizesconstruction documents from beginning to end with little to minordirection.
- Performsspecialized work, applying advance skills.
- Produceslarge scale, complex drawings.
- Demonstratesunderstanding of codes and regulatory requirements for design.
- Performsthorough quality control of construction documents.
- Managesdeadlines and prioritizes assignments.
- Maintainsfile management of AutoCAD/Revit files and other documents.
- Communicateseffectively with other team members.
- Trainsand/or mentors CAD staff and entry-level Engineers in company procedures,CAD standards, and software.
- Identifiescautions/warnings of designs and provides immediate solutions.
- Demonstratesunderstanding of client, project and team requirements.
- Ensurescompliance with company CAD standards within the scope of assignedprojects.
- Designs,selects, schedules, sizes, and specifics basic plumbing system componentsto include plumbing fixtures, drains, and equipment.
- Designsand selects fire protection systems and equipment.
- Assistsin preparing quantity and construction cost estimates.
- Assistsin the review of shop drawing submittals.
- Prepareslayout site plans from basic concept to first draft.
- Worksin conjunction with Engineer on preliminary design of plumbing systemsincluding sanitary waste, vent, storm, domestic water distributionsystems, purified water systems, medical gas systems, compressed air,vacuum, and natural gas systems.
YourCapabilities and Credentials
- Proficientsoftware skills in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Knowledgeand skills required includes codes and design requirements specific tolocal geographic market.
- Excellentorganizational and prioritizing skills.
- Keenattention to details.
- Abilityto work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
years' relevant experience in plumbing system components, plumbing fixtures,
drains and equipment.
Associate Degree in Drafting/Design or equivalent from an accredited college or
technical school or equivalent experience or accreditation.
Certified Plumbing Design (CPD) credential desirable but not required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties orresponsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties,responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any timewith or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others'
talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us
and redefine your personal best.
Job: Fire Protection Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Butler
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002KM
Back to top