Senior Plumbing Designer
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity As an integral member of the Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) team, the Senior Plumbing Designer produces construction documents to fulfill clients' goals. This position is also responsible to QA/QC construction documents, provide design ideas and solutions, and train or mentor other Designers, Operators or Engineers.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Produces construction documents using relevant drafting/design software.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of software and how to apply it to company procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of all horizontal/vertical design requirements.
- Organizes construction documents from beginning to end with little to minor direction.
- Performs specialized work, applying advance skills.
- Produces large scale, complex drawings.
- Demonstrates understanding of codes and regulatory requirements for design.
- Performs thorough quality control of construction documents.
- Manages deadlines and prioritizes assignments.
- Maintains file management of AutoCAD/Revit files and other documents.
- Communicates effectively with other team members.
- Trains and/or mentors CAD staff and entry-level Engineers in company procedures, CAD standards, and software.
- Identifies cautions/warnings of designs and provides immediate solutions.
- Demonstrates understanding of client, project and team requirements.
- Ensures compliance with company CAD standards within the scope of assigned projects.
- Designs, selects, schedules, sizes, and specifics basic plumbing system components to include plumbing fixtures, drains, and equipment.
- Designs and selects fire protection systems and equipment.
- Assists in preparing quantity and construction cost estimates.
- Assists in the review of shop drawing submittals.
- Prepares layout site plans from basic concept to first draft.
- Works in conjunction with Engineer on preliminary design of plumbing systems including sanitary waste, vent, storm, domestic water distribution systems, purified water systems, medical gas systems, compressed air, vacuum, and natural gas systems.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient software skills in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Knowledge and skills required includes codes and design requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Keen attention to details.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
Associate Degree in Drafting/Design or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience or accreditation.
Certified Plumbing Design (CPD) credential desirable but not required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top