Senior Planner/Urban Designer
Do you have a passion for great walkable urbanism? Do you love to draw urban blocks, new neighborhoods, street sections, and have great writing skills too? Do you enjoy changing the suburban system through re-writing codes to embrace a form-based methodology? Do you love infographics? Are you fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite and CAD? Are you managing projects and teams today or are ready to take on the challenge? Would you love to call the Carolinas home (if you don't already) but work all over North America? If you answered yes, then you might be the perfect person to fill join our team as a turbo-charged project manager with 7-10+ years of experience to join our Urban Places Group in our Charlotte office. ( www.stantec.com/our-work/sectors/community-development/urban-places.html ) Stantec's Urban Places Group (UPG) is an interdisciplinary specialized practice within a global consulting firm, offering opportunities to be involved in a variety of planning and urban design projects and collaborate with Stantec's leading experts in a variety of fields.
Our plans create places, networks and infrastructure that connect people to place, to prosperity, and to each other. UPG planners and designers lead transformational planning and design projects in urban and urbanizing places across North America. The members of UPG have won dozens of planning and urban design awards for work ranging from downtown and district plans to community-wide and regional plans. We work closely with our colleagues across Stantec in architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, real estate, transportation, environmental science, and other disciplines to provide plans that are both visionary and feasible, driven by data and grounded in market realities.
Your Duties: Stantec's Urban Places Group continues to grow in Charlotte, NC. We are looking for
a highly-motivated, multi-disciplinary planning professional with expertise in urban design and community planning who is passionate about creating walkable, urban places. Top candidates will have excellent graphic communications skills, superior writing capabilities, be highly organized, have a strong public presence, and a clear understanding of the relationship between urban analytics, design, and economics. The candidate should be able to manage multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Urban Design is required. A Master's degree in one of those fields is expected.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in the Planning and Design Industry
- Extensive experience with public engagement including week-long public design charrettes.
- Proven leadership skills as a part of a team.
- Strong, sophisticated writing skills and excellent public presence in front of small groups and large audiences alike.
- Proven experience in building rapport and trust with key clients, business leaders, and team members
- Ability to travel as required.
- Full competency with Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, and Microsoft Office. CAD and/or CommunityViz proficiency is a plus.
- Candidates work experience should demonstrate appropriate level of responsibility, work group leadership skills, understanding of the long term view in building client relationships, superior customer service and communication skills both written and graphic.
- Desire and the ability to contribute on multiple levels within the design process are critical.
- Demonstrated responsibility, maturity and commitment to a team driven environment are key advantages.
Stantec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top