As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
The responsibility of the Senior Planner/Scheduler is to create, revise, update, report on and control the project schedule. The Senior Planner/Scheduler will analyze progress against the baseline schedule and direct the project management team towards the most vulnerable areas of the project plan.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Initiate discussions with project stakeholders toidentify key elements in schedule set-up.
- Lead and facilitate project planning with projectteam to build robust schedule and achieve team 'buy-in'.
- Liaise with Project Management Team and Client to establish list ofapproved schedule reports.
- Liaise with cost control to ensure alignment ofschedule with control budget.
- Prepare and establish baselineschedule in conjunction with Engineering, Procurement, and Construction TeamMembers as well as other stakeholders.
- In conjunction with cost and project managementteam establish and apply Rulesof Credit to establish progress and calculate earnedvalue.
- Assume responsibility for preparation, quality, accuracy, timeliness andusefulness of schedule reports.
- Clearly communicate to all stakeholders status ofproject schedule.
- Suggest methods to improve project plan andmitigate schedule slippage.
- Review, assess andanalyze contractor progress and performance as required.
- Support risk analysis with project management.
- Produce Basis of Schedule document.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong communication skills; verbal, business writing, electronic communications and presentations.
- Understanding of global best practices as they relate to planning/scheduling
- Ability to work under low supervision and to work with others to achieve group results.
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities.
- Business awareness and acumen: knowledge of project deliverables, time and resource availability.
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to make timely decisions.
- Positive attitude with strong relationship building skills.
- Pipeline project experience will be considered an asset.
- Advanced skills in use of Oracle Primavera
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience. Experience in engineering, procurement, and construction for large capital projects preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Control Planning/Scheduling
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002UH
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top