Senior Planner - Community Development
Your Opportunity: Creating value in land development. It's all part of our plan. Developing land into a residential or mixed-use community, a commercial plaza, or into a public space with parks and trails requires a mix of technical skill, creative vision, and insight into development. We merge our expertise to create value for our clients and community. Join us as we develop the ultimate master plan-one that features creative, technical, and innovative project-based solutions which are also economically viable and environmentally responsive.
An opportunity exists in Stantec's Orlando office for a motivated Senior Planner who will be responsible for further developing and growing the business. The purpose of this position is to help lead the expansion of the Orlando office to become a local leader in providing exceptional land use, entitlement and related planning services for a wide variety of public and private projects throughout the Orlando/Central Florida markets.
Your Duties: The ideal candidate will come with a background of supporting or leading the planning aspects for a variety of major projects. He/she will have been exposed to the entire project delivery process, including marketing/business development, client interaction and project management. The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplined team, organize and manage/support a project, and the professionalism and skill to communicate effectively internally and externally with clients and teaming partners.
The role will include serving as the primary contact for our external clients and has overall responsibility for all aspects of, and the success of, all assigned projects. This position offers career development, the opportunity to expand the practice, and has the potential of participation of our leadership recognition program.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Planner. We are seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice, project management and business development, who can offer creative planning practice skills balanced with a solid business approach.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for great walkable urbanism; have past success working with both private and public clients; have experience with stakeholder engagement and working multi-disciplines to create dynamic plans and documents; and have experience working on zoning projects, comprehensive plans, Developments of Regional Impact, urban design efforts, small area plans, and land use planning. Experience with GIS and Adobe Creative Suite are preferred. Specific tasks include project management, business development, developing client relationships, collaborating with other Stantec planning groups, and supporting office leadership.
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships and play a key role in client management and satisfaction
- Identify opportunities for growth and strengthen the existing client base and service offerings of the Planning and Landscape Architecture team
- Mentor and empower other team members
- Execute and manage complex designs and work with others through design development and construction document phases to execute built work
- Serve as a technical expert for projects and supervise and manage work through junior staff to develop and execute design
- Plan and manage projects and tasks in order to complete projects on time and within budget
- Play a key role in maintaining and strengthening the design reputation of the Planning and Landscape Architecture team
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of professional planning and design experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Urban Planning, or Landscape Architecture
- AICP certification preferred
- Experience with both private and public sector clients/projects and an established network of clients and relationships in the Orlando market
- Experience managing staff, client relationships and complex projects
- Experience with business development and developing strategic plans for the growth of a professional practice
- Sound knowledge of industry practice and demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills, including computer literacy in word processing and other standard office software
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top