Senior Pavement Engineer
Your Opportunity: Stantec's Infrastructure Management and Pavement Engineering (IMPE) Group is a recognized leader in pavement engineering, integrated infrastructure/asset management consulting, and related data collection activities. We have vast experience in pavement engineering and management, providing clients with sustainable pavement solutions. We are well recognized through projects successfully completed throughout North America and abroad.
From inventory data collection to design and engineering services to systems implementation, we provide career opportunities as unique as you are. The opportunities are limitless, and if you are a Senior Pavement Engineer looking to grow and build with a dynamic and growing team, join our IMPE Group.
Your Duties: We are looking for a highly motivated US-East Team Leader to help grow our IMPE team in the Eastern United States. The role could be based in any one of our New York City or New Jersey offices (Rochelle Park, Mount Laurel, or Wall Township).
The position involves leading the expansion of our pavement design activities with governments, private sector clients, as well as groups within Stantec. Tasks would include promotion to develop new markets, proposal preparation to secure new work, project management activities including data collection and analysis, report writing and managing projects financially.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the States of New Jersey or New York.
- 7 or more years of work related experience, including pavement engineering, pavement management and nondestructive testing of pavements (FWD, GPR, IRI, etc.).
- Practical knowledge of pavement rehabilitation and design is a must.
- Familiarity with flexible and rigid pavement design methods, such as mechanistic design, AASHTO and PCA, and/or Pavement Management Systems concepts is essential.
- Project experience with the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) pavement design and rehabilitation projects preferred.
- Experience in project management, and collecting and analyzing pavement condition data, specifically deflection data measured using FWD, and preparing design and rehabilitation reports is desired. An understanding of basic accounting principles and personnel management is a definite asset.
- North American based knowledge and experience in a consulting environment is essential.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top