Senior Pavement Engineer
- Doha, Qatar
Stantec is looking to hire a Senior Pavement Engineer to provide expert guidance to our client, The Public Works Authority of Qatar (Ashghal).
Ashghal's Vision for 2018 to 2022 is "Excellence in delivering and managing efficient and sustainable infrastructure".
You will be part of Stantec's team that is working with Ashghal's Asset Affairs (AA) on implementing their Pavement Management strategy to achieve an efficient and sustainable road infrastructure network. Among AA's Pavement Management initiatives are the following:
• Continuously improving handover testing processes and procedures to ensure long-term performance
• Adopting pavement maintenance and rehabilitation best practices including preventative maintenance techniques.
• Applying (adopting) advanced technologies in pavement maintenance and rehabilitation
• Developing a risk-based approach for addressing / optimising sub-surface voids / sinkholes issues and repair.
• Continue the enhancement and development of pavement recycling
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide pavement technical advice on materials, maintenance and rehabilitation treatments and practical applications.
• Analyse conventional and non-destructive test data (e.g., analysis of LCMS and GPR data, back calculation of FWD data, DCP, etc.).
• Conduct advanced research, analyzes data, and provides recommendations and improvements to current or proposed Ashghal's pavement management procedures such as performance modeling, and effectiveness of pavement maintenance.
• Conduct pavement forensic investigations and site reviews.
• Support roads pavement evaluations and treatment recommendations.
• Provide technical advice on monitoring and evaluating materials and maintenance and rehabilitation treatments.
• Audit of pavement material production facilities including hot mix plant, road base, crushing plants and laying site equipment.
• Provide training and knowledge transfer to framework contractors on pavement preservation best practices.
Senior Pavement Engineer
• A minimum of 14 years' related experience, including pavement engineering, pavement management and non-destructive testing of pavements.
• A post-graduate degree related to pavement engineering and/or management would be considered an asset
• Knowledge of pavement engineering demonstrated by experience in pavement design, investigation and research
• Knowledge or experience of USA or UK pavement design methodologies
• Knowledge of materials behaviour underlying standard specifications
• Knowledge of Life-Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA)
• Construction inspection experience related to paving
• Strong client management experience.
• Previous experience as a Project Manager, having led teams involved in pavement engineering and management
• Well-developed written communication skills in the preparation of technical reports, correspondence and proposals are also important
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
Operations and Maintenance
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Back to top