Senior Pavement Engineer
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec currently has an opening for a Senior Pavement Engineer at one of Stantec's offices located in either Dartmouth, NS or Saint John, NB. The primary role of the Senior Pavement Engineer will be to help expand and support our local pavement and materials engineering team as well as provide a technical resource for projects across Atlantic Canada and North America. The pavement engineer will perform a variety of tasks which will include calculations, field work, pavement designs, rehabilitation recommendations, data analysis, asphalt mix designs, technical reviews, proposal preparation, project management and client management. The projects on which the Senior Pavement Engineer will work may be broad, varied, and diverse in scope.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Managing multiple projects.
- Planning and coordinating field and laboratory testing of construction materials.
- Working on a variety of small to large materials projects.
- Client management and business development.
- Preparation and review of technical reports and proposals.
- Pavement investigations, rehabilitation plans and pavement design.
- Pavement management and condition assessment.
- Provision of Quality Control and Quality Assurance services.
- Mentoring, coaching and training of developing professionals as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of relevant AASHTO and ASTM Standards related to asphalt and pavements.
- Strong client management experience.
- A self-starter who is innovative and enjoys working in a team environment.
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university.
Professional Engineer in good standing with Engineers Nova Scotia, or the ability to obtain the professional designation.
Minimum of 15 years of related experience in contracting/consulting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations: Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002O9
Back to top