Senior Municipal Engineer
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Water and Transportation groups provide comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of capital projects for clients in a variety of sectors including municipal and provincial governments and private industry. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our office in Prince George is seeking a highly motivated Senior Municipal Engineer to become part of our dynamic team.
Your Duties As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of municipal and provincial water, sewer, and transportation infrastructure projects for clients across British Columbia. Your responsibilities will include:
- Directing and providing hands-on management of planning and feasibility studies, pre-design and detailed design assignments for public and private sector clients.
- Managing staff and multi-disciplined project teams; leading them with the planning and design of provincial highway, municipal road works, transit facilities, municipal infrastructure and services and drainage.
- Financial management of projects including budget forecasting, resource management, change-order management, and client invoicing.
- Developing proposals, budgets and schedules, and on-going business development and liaison with clients.
- Collaborating with Team Leaders and other Project Managers to identify staffing, equipment, and training requirements.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- P.Eng. or eligible for registration in the Province of British Columbia.
- Minimum 10 years related work experience.
- A well-developed familiarity with related software such as LDD, InRoads, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation is required.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven Project Management Experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant municipal infrastructure, roadway and highway design guides.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top