Senior Municipal Engineer
Your Opportunity We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties Our Dartmouth, NS office has an immediate need for an Intermediate or Senior Municipal/ Civil Engineer to develop client relationships, manage staffing resources and projects, and to provide engineering design support and leadership. Experience is required in the planning, design and construction management for c ivil engineering projects in the fields of community development, transportation and water/wastewater infrastructure. The successful candidate will also be responsible for leading the preparation of a wide range of proposals and must be able to work as part of an inter-disciplinary team consisting of other engineering disciplines, planning, architectural, environmental and geotechnical staff. Stantec offers a competitive benefits program and salary is commensurate based on experience and qualifications.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership, solid technical design experience, project and client management experience and exceptional interpersonal communication skills. Specific experience and qualifications in the following areas are also required:
- University Degree in Civil Engineering along with at least 5 years' related experience;
- Registered as a P. Eng. in the Province of Nova Scotia;
- Previous knowledge and experience in contract document preparation and construction administration;
- Previous knowledge and experience in business development and proposal preparation;
- Previous experience in managing concurrent projects;
- Previous experience in the design of infrastructure including water systems, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, drainage/grading, roads, site development, subdivisions, stormwater management and water/wastewater pumping stations;
- Previous experience in water/wastewater treatment systems is considered an asset;
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency is required;
- Periodic travel for project delivery and business development is required;
- Experience with the application of relevant municipal design guidelines is essential; and,
- Experience and aptitude to work in the following software packages would be considered an asset: SewerCAD, StormCAD, WaterCAD, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, AutoCAD Civil3D.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top