Senior Municipal Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our office in Prince George is seeking a highly motivated Senior Municipal Engineer to become part of our dynamic team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of municipal and provincial water, sewer, transportation infrastructure, and land development/site servicing projects for clients across British Columbia.
- Directing and providing hands-on management of planning and feasibility studies, pre-design and detailed design assignments for public and private sector clients.
- Managing staff and multi-disciplined project teams; leading them with the planning and design of provincial highway, municipal road works, transit facilities, municipal infrastructure and services and drainage
- Financial management of projects including budget forecasting, resource management, change-order management, and client invoicing.
- Developing proposals, budgets and schedules, and on-going business development and liaison with clients.
- Collaborating with Team Leaders and other Project Managers to identify staffing, equipment, and training requirements.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- P.Eng. or eligible for registration in the Province of British Columbia.
- Minimum 10 years related work experience.
- A well-developed familiarity with related software such as LDD, InRoads, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation is required.
- Proven supervisory experience. - Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven Project Management Experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant municipal infrastructure, roadway and highway design guides.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top