Senior Mining Engineer
At our core, we're a community.
Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as
individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to
design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients
and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we
assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the
As a senior contributor on our
professional consulting services team you will work on large projects of complexity,
and as a leader of a team you will work on all phases of a project lifecycle.
You are responsible for developing and implementing an engineering discipline
group equipped with up-to-date engineering and design tools and innovations,
technical and supervisory capabilities and operating procedures to successfully
and efficiently execute projects and consulting services resulting in client
satisfaction and on-time delivery.
- Maintain a focus on safety for self, co-workers,clients and the environment.
- Responsible for mining projects of varying sizes,complexities, and commodities.
- Provide mining engineering leadership and support toan existing team of geologists, mining engineers, geotechnical engineersand mine water management engineers.
- Lead the design, evaluation and support of surfacemining projects.
- Lead project coordination meetings with internal teammembers and/or external consultants, owner and contractor,sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Lead client project requirement meetings, valueanalysis, and basic cost estimating.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on ownprojects and projects of peers.
- Lead and provide guidance in the development of newstandards and specifications for the mining group.
- Develop project scope, budgets, and design approachfor all size projects.
- Lead the development of proposals for smaller, lesscomplex projects.
- Oversees and manages multiple projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience at operating surface mines.
- Thorough understanding of mine engineering concepts andability to communicate ideas to others.
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application ofapplicable mining regulations from development to closure
- Checks the work of others for accuracy and completenessand manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Participates and collaborates in project team settingand to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite;Prefer experience with AutoCAD.
- Oilsands and Coal mining experience is a definite asset.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Mining Engineering.
Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in open pit mining.
Experience with mine planning, design and scheduling software packages. Experience with Hexagon's MineSight considered an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mining Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002S4
Back to top