Senior Mechanical Engineer - Water/Wastewater
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec's Water group based in Atlanta has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with wastewater experience.
- Prepares design calculations used in the discipline.
- Coordinates design issues with Clients and Construction Contractors.
- Prepares plant layouts and detailed design models and/or construction drawings.
- Prepares major portions of design models.
- Reviews and check calculations, design models, drawings and design documents prepared by others in the group and by material suppliers, as assigned.
- Leads the technical work of less experienced designers and/or CAD operators who share in the design effort.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering .
- PE required.
- At least 20 years experience in design, engineering, and preparation of construction packages of mechanical process systems, such as ASME piping, pumps, compressors, boilers, and process equipment for oil and power industries.
- Can prepare bulk material quantity takeoffs and material requisitions for materials applicable to the discipline.
- Can demonstrate teamwork while working with designers in other disciplines in the overall assignment to coordinate plant space utilization.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by other project groups.
- Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the disciplines design responsibilities.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to the discipline.
- Knowledge of mathematical formulas and design calculations used in the discipline.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top