Senior Mechanical Engineer, Toronto
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future- join us!
Your Opportunity An opportunity exists in Stantec's Toronto, ON office for a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team. In this role you will be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on healthcare, commercial and educational projects. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical staff, developing and maintaining new and existing clients, coordinating skillsets with other teams and disciplines, and satisfying customer requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects, and as appropriate participate in business development
- Support specific sales, proposal, and project efforts.
- Provide strong technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical engineers and technologists.
- Conduct peer reviews of engineering calculations, drawings and specifications within the mechanical team.
- Coordinate and be responsible for mechanical engineering drawings and specifications.
- Prepare technical specifications and documents for bidding and construction.
- Design building HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Assist in preparing detailed engineering design calculations.
- Assist with determining the scope and fee for proposed engineering services.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, proposals, letters, and technical specifications.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Knowledge of and experience with high performance and sustainable building practices.
- Excellent knowledge of national and provincial building codes and standards.
- Working understanding of and familiarity with AutoCAD. Exposure to BIM and Revit will be an asset.
- Good organization, coordination, and project management skills to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Familiar with contract terminology.
- Ability to bring a wide variety of stakeholders together to meet tight deadlines.
- Good verbal communication and soft skills.
- Familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders in Ontario.
- Proven success in developing new business with existing clients and maintaining positive relationships.
- Ability to work in English and in French is considered an asset.
Education and Experience Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering and Professional Engineer licensed in Ontario. Minimum of 10 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP, or other energy/sustainability credentials desirable.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top