Senior Mechanical Engineer (Site)
- Doha, Qatar
Stantec Qatar is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for a construction supervision tower project in Doha.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the design and liaison with the all required authorities.
•Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for project design and construction.
4.Collaboration and working as part of a team
•Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
•Work under the direction of the Technical Lead;
•Conduct field inspections under the supervision of the Technical Lead, and Client Engineer representative.
•Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
5.Client Service Management
•Internal and external client liaison
•Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
•Experience in utility diversions and management
6.Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
•Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
•Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
7.Other duties as requested from time to time by the Technical Lead.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Site)
-Degree in Mechanical Engineering
-Chartership or other engineering accreditation is a requirement
- MMUP Grade A
- Arabic Speaker
- 15 years experience in similar projects
- At least 10 years working with a consultancy and 10 years in Qatar
-Well conversant of the layout plans, process and instrumentation diagrams and General arrangement drawings and should have the experience of preparing these.
-Ability to carry out the basic calculations required for preparing the detailed design documents.
- The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail
- A customer-focused approach, possessing impressive communication skills and the capabilities to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives
- Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis
- A proactive approach, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters
- Be of the highest calibre: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to Stantec's policies, procedures and working practices
- A flexible approach to working hours and travel; with occasional weekend work required
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Back to top