Senior Mechanical Engineer - Leeds
Stantec are currently searching for a Mechanical Engineer to support their programme of work with Yorkshire Water.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for all the mechanical engineering elements of solutions and the production of associated outline and detailed designs to support the successful delivery of projects. You will be working on a variety of water, wastewater and infrastructure related projects.
You will be required to work closely with the Client and as part of a multi-disciplined dedicated design group to undertake technical audits, risk evaluations, develop the mechanical design and liaise with other technical disciplines at feasibility, outline and detailed stages to produce solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. You will be required to develop cost effective solutions and adopt innovative design solutions. You will ensure that the solution is developed in compliance with the Specification.
• Undertake site inspections, carry out feasibility reviews and work up proposals for the schemes
• Provide the mechanical input into asset surveys and plant condition assessments, feasibility studies, optioneering, whole life costing and conceptual designs
• Produce the mechanical specifications and deliverables for schemes in accordance with current legislation and standards for the scheme requirements
• Responsibility for design, value engineering, specification and selection of process equipment, tender assessments, reports and recommendations.
• Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Leeds
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant subject
• A Chartered member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IMechE
• Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in mechanical design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
• Knowledge and skills in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of mechanical equipment for projects in the water, or process industries
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office
• Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team and independently
• Understand the appropriate level of detail for different project requirements
• Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team - both written and oral
• Good client service focus
• Excellent organisational skills and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec...we're looking for opportunities.
UK-West Yorkshire- Leeds
Back to top