Senior Mechanical Engineer - Healthcare
Your Opportunity: Our Buildings Engineering group has an immediate need for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with proven design skills, an understanding of Canadian Engineering practice. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 to 15 years post qualification experience. They will also have experience working on the design and construction of large healthcare and laboratory facilities in Canada.
As a successful candidate you will be joining an experienced multidisciplinary design team in our Edmonton office to work on projects. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and a unique opportunity for skill set and career development. Working within the heart of the design team you will prepare a Development Standards Framework (DSF) for our major client. This will create a consistent platform for development control and compliance. The role will assist and guide design teams in statutory, regulatory and quality standards for numerous upcoming Healthcare facilities.
As the successful candidate your responsibilities may include but are not limited to: expertise in the design of healthcare and laboratory buildings, advocate for design excellence, good communication abilities, project management, clinical planning and strong BIM and graphic skills.
Our team is part of a significant global studio, renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible and award winning healthcare architecture. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, be highly computer literate, self-motivated and a clear thinker, as well as a strong team player who collaborates well in a multi-disciplinary team and able to work flexibly to tight deadlines.
Your Duties: Our Edmonton office has an immediate need for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with proven design skills and practical experience applying Canadian Standards; mature understanding of Engineering principals, strong interest the Engineering side of medical master planning, client care, and a desire to be involved in a multidisciplinary team environment. As the successful candidate your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise in Healthcare and Laboratories Mechanical Engineering master planning.
- Expected to have a full knowledge and expertise in Canadian Standards for HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems design, BIM production and report writing.
- Must be detailed oriented and well organized with effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Expected to regularly attend Client meetings, and give presentations on their area of expertise.
- Revit experience is an asset. Must understand the role of BIM in Engineering Design.
- Must be able to work well independently and manage successfully to deliver projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 10 to 15 years of experience working within al Design Firm, with a focus on Healthcare Building Design.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from a nationally accredited engineering program.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Canada is required.
- LEED® or similar green building certification is desired.
- Working knowledge of Revit; Good MS Office Suite experience is required.
- Demonstrated Proficiency with Canadian Standards Codes and guidelines is very desirable. Knowledge of other International healthcare guidelines would be beneficial.
- Project management experience is desired, with an ability to manage work in a team-oriented environment and see projects through to completion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a high proficiency in English is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in specification writing.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top