Senior Mechanical Engineer
Build partnerships between co-workers and clients, as well as within your community. The relationships you form will span multiple projects and last lifetimes.
At Stantec, we believe we are better together . Strong, lasting relationships contribute to the success of our employees, clients, projects, and communities. We support clients at every stage of the project life cycle. As our marketplace becomes more diverse, our inclusive workplace allows us to holistically connect with the many client groups we work with and reflects the communities we work within.
As a Lead Senior Mechanical Engineer , you will be:
- Expected to have a full knowledge and expertise in HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems design, including design calculations, life cycle cost analysis, and technical report writing.
- Expected to guide a team of engineers and technicians to deliver projects within a given scope, budget, and timeframe.
- Detail oriented, well organized, with effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Expected to regularly attend Client meetings, and give presentations on their area of expertise.
- Select, develop, train, and supervise staff.
- Work with the MEP manager to develop mechanical department policies, procedures, and programs.
- Providing quality reviews for project deliverables
- Able to work well independently, coaching a team of designers and engineers to deliver an engineering design that is clear and concise.
- Must be registered as a Mechanical Engineer with Dubai Municipality (DM)
- More than 15 years of experience working within an International Design Firm, with a focus on Mechanical Design and Project Management.
- Licensure as a Pr. Eng., P.E., or International equivalent is preferred.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from a nationally accredited engineering program.
- LEED, or similar green building certification is preferred, but not essential.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel is required.
- Demonstrated Proficiency with International Building Codes and Standards, including NFPA, International Plumbing Code, International Mechanical Code, and British Standards.
- Experience in the design of health care projects to both FGI and HTM standards.
- Project management experience is desired, with an ability to manage work in a team-oriented environment and see projects through to completion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a high proficiency in English is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in specification writing in CSI Master Format.
- Understanding of multidisciplinary coordination through design and the construction process.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 15
Initial Posted Date 8/27/2017
Discipline Buildings Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top