Senior Mechanical Engineer
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity The Senior Project Manager has responsibility and accountability to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. This candidate is expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
In addition, this position will also be responsible for preparation and coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. These responsibilities include planning, scheduling, and coordination of assigned engineering work; monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards; ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
Business development duties will require developing relationships with current and prospective clients, soliciting project opportunities, day-to-day interaction with the Client's designated project representative, and jurisdictional agency personnel.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Project schedules and forecasts.
- Preparation of plans and reports for project design elements including grading, drainage, utilities, roadways.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables (QA&QC).
- Monthly project status reports and change orders.
- Prepare and review mechanical construction plans, specifications, and equipment selections for a variety of different project types including commercial, multi-family, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, performing and visual arts projects, large public assembly projects, high rise office and hotel retail, etc.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including architects, engineers, developers, contractors, and clients.
- Manage mechanical staff, (and electrical staff when managing the overall projects) allocate resources, and direct the activities of other engineers.
- Mentor and train mechanical staff.
- Perform all phases of mechanical and plumbing systems consulting, including proposals, field investigation, factory studies, energy analysis, construction documents, and construction administration.
- Load and energy modeling experience preferred.
- Experience supervising other engineers, mentoring staff and allocating manpower/workload resources desired.
- Florida P.E. license, or ability to obtain one within four months of hire is required.
- AutoCAD and REVIT skills desired
Minimum 10 years' experience designing mechanical systems for a variety of project types in the Buildings Engineering practice area.
Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards, including IMC, UMC, IBC, NFPA, as well as LEED and green building requirements.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top