Senior Mechanical Engineer
Your Opportunity: We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability. Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Our Burlington, MA office is currently seeking a Senior Level Mechanical Engineer for design of HVAC systems involving a variety of governmental, commercial, industrial and plant facilities. We are looking for someone with strong technical and engineering design skills in HVAC and energy analysis, to lead mechanical designs on projects of all sizes, as well as work as a team member on larger multidiscipline projects and assist in mentoring of junior mechanical staff. Must have strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills and be a strong team player in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Complete building mechanical system designs including calculations, equipment selection and sizing, control strategies, ductwork and piping system design, etc.
- Development of construction bid documents including drawings and technical specifications
- Quality review of mechanical engineering design drawings, specifications, and cost estimates to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Lead client meetings, make presentations, proposal preparations, and other related project and business development activities
- Participation in the construction administration process including: resolving field problems occurring during construction, site visits, review of shop drawings and final punch lists
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 7-10+ years of professional design experience for medium/large commercial-Industrial HVAC systems.
- PE required.
- Energy Engineering and Sustainability experience preferred.
- Experience in plumbing engineering and fire protection engineering considered advantageous
- Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, HVAC load calculation software (Trane Trace, HAPS, Elite), AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Working knowledge of building and energy codes.
- Position requires local travel, occasional domestic travel, and visits to construction sites.
- Candidate must have experience maintaining a project budget, scheduling a project and meeting project goals.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top