Senior Mechanical Engineer - Buildings
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity Stantec is currently in search of a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Kelowna office, an individual with an excellent record of accomplishment - technically, in the design and implementation of buildings related projects such as healthcare and educational facilities. In this role, you will be involved in the technical delivery of our projects, maintaining and strengthening existing client relationships, and mentoring technical and professional staff. You will work alongside the Buildings Engineering Team Lead to attract, grow, and retain high-quality staff, generate revenue, and achieve even greater success within our Buildings Engineering practice in Kelowna.
This is your place to make a difference!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Mechanical systems design particularly in the design of HVAC, plumbing and fire suppression systems.
- Demonstrate a commitment to thrive in a team-oriented, collaborative organization where client service is the highest priority.
- Contribute your technical expertise, team skills and client relationships,
- Provide technical mentorship to a team of up to five technologists.
- Lead technical projects and provide the team with vision and concepts for technical solutions
- Act as a Mechanical Engineer of Record for buildings of all types.
- Collaborate with Business Leadership, Project Managers and Technical Leaders to address personnel and project issues as they arise
- Coordinate with other disciplines and other offices for project delivery and project pursuits
- Promote a healthy environment and safety culture within the team and across the organization
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Results-oriented attitude with the ability to excel in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Effective interpersonal and people management ability; mentoring of a small group of mechanical team members as required
- Strong leadership, communication and team building skills are essential for the candidate to meet the expectations of this position
- Self-starter with a desire to succeed, enthusiastic, people-oriented demeanor and with a high degree of integrity
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to work with and contribute to a larger team
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) with your interaction with team members in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Interest/experience in the application of green engineering principles; LEED AP certification is a definite asset
- P.Eng. designation with EGBC preferred
Education and Experience A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of seven (7) years of post-graduate experience in the design of mechanical buildings systems (HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection) preferably in projects within the healthcare or educational sectors.
The position functions in a typical office environment, working with computers and requiring stationary work for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top