Senior Mechanical Engineer - Buildings
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparation of specific project proposals and resulting contracts, project implementation plans, resource planning, quality control and design review, project team review and coordination, client and financial management.
- May assist as Mechanical Engineering Lead overseeing the engineering & design of plumbing / fire protection / HVAC and other mechanical systems for new and renovated buildings.
- Mechanical engineering - Actual designs including the completion of code reviews, preparation of the basis of design, system calculations, mark-up of drawings, specification preparation, field investigations, construction estimating and site inspections and other such design as required to execute the mechanical construction for new or renovated buildings.
- May perform Project Manager duties as needed.
- Some travel to site locations or other Stantec offices may be required.
- Registered PE in the state of New York desired, registration in other states a plus
- Must have strong Mechanical Engineering skills in the area of Plumbing, Fire Protection, HVAC and related mechanical systems
- Prior management experience is a plus
- Prior consulting engineering experience is required
- Experience using AutoCAD, Revit, Trane Trace or eQuest is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members and clients
A minimum of 8 - 12 years' experience is required
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top