Senior Mechanical Engineer
Your Opportunity Our Buildings Engineering group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. For both public and private sector clients, we provide unique capabilities covering each of the major engineering disciplines - structural, mechanical and electrical - as well as energy engineering and performance engineering services. Focused on providing the most efficient solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Our downtown Toronto, ON office has an immediate need for a Senior Mechanical Buildings Engineer.
Your Duties Responsibilities will include design of mechanical systems for various building types including healthcare facilities, with particular emphasis on and working closely with clients, contractors and suppliers, as well as:
- Liaison and coordinating with external and internal clients to develop engineering projects
- Prepare project documents, equipment specifications and capital cost estimates
- Project management to control design budgets and cost control monitoring
- Prepare engineering reports, tender and construction drawings and documents
- Mentor and train others
- Assist with maintaining quality control of deliverables, including peer review.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering;
- Professional Engineer Designation in Ontario;
- LEED certification is considered a definite asset;
- A minimum of 5 years' design experience in healthcare projects is preferable;
- A minimum of 15+ years' design experience specifically in buildings engineering overall, is mandatory;
- Would suit a strong generalist with mechanical design experience in HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection, is essential;
- Experience of medical gas systems for healthcare projects is desirable;
- Previous experience with engineering software applications such as HAP and other design tools will be a definite asset;
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with Canadian standards and codes;
- Possesses or is able to get the required security clearances is essential;
- Good interpersonal skills required for internal team interfaces;
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills required;
- Ability to work independently and good client facing skill required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top