Senior Mechanical Engineer
Your Opportunity: With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers and architects works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity.
Stantec has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Maitland, FL office.
Your Duties: Position Overview:
Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused Senior Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager to join our MEP team in Maitland, FL. The Senior Project Manager has responsibility and accountability to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. This candidate is expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
In addition, this position will also be responsible for preparation and coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. These responsibilities include planning, scheduling, and coordination of assigned engineering work; monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards; ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
Business development duties will require developing relationships with current and prospective clients, soliciting project opportunities, day-to-day interaction with the Client's designated project representative, and jurisdictional agency personnel.
- Project schedules and forecasts.
- Preparation of plans and reports for project design elements including grading, drainage, utilities, roadways.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables (QA&QC).
- Monthly project status reports and change orders.
- Prepare and review mechanical construction plans, specifications, and equipment selections for a variety of different project types including commercial, multi-family, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, performing and visual arts projects, large public assembly projects, high rise office and hotel retail, etc.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including architects, engineers, developers, contractors, and clients.
- Manage mechanical staff, (and electrical staff when managing the overall projects) allocate resources, and direct the activities of other engineers.
- Mentor and train mechanical staff.
- Perform all phases of mechanical and plumbing systems consulting, including proposals, field investigation, factory studies, energy analysis, construction documents, and construction administration.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Education/Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years' experience designing mechanical systems for a variety of project types in the Buildings Engineering practice area.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards, including IMC, UMC, IBC, NFPA, as well as LEED and green building requirements.
- Load and energy modeling experience preferred.
- Experience supervising other engineers, mentoring staff and allocating manpower/workload resources desired.
Skills and Special Requirements/ Licensing:
- Florida P.E. license, or ability to obtain one within four months of hire is required.
- AutoCAD and REVIT skills desired
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top