Senior Mechanical Engineer
Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Your Duties: If you are interested in working on sustainable, integrated building solutions, then joining Stantec as a Senior Mechanical Engineer could be your most rewarding move. The role provides you the opportunity to sharpen your technical, analytical and business skills while working as part of a team committed to delivering excellent service for our clients. Successful candidates will demonstrate both their ability to work independently and their experience making decisions to complete assigned responsibilities from leadership. We are seeking exceptional candidates who have the commitment to join a world-class design firm. The role is to lead all size mechanical projects and work as a team member of a larger project. This person should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer all mechanical HVAC and/or plumbing systems or products for a project. This person will perform a variety of tasks, which may include Revit design, calculations, and field work. This person must be a degreed individual with a BS in an engineering program and have a PE. This person typically has 10 plus years of engineering experience. This person may have other engineers reporting to them.
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer is expected to do sustainable engineering design directly on the computer and provide mark ups for junior engineers.
- Will be directly responsible for the review and sealing of their projects.
- Develop job and discipline specific specifications independently.
- Assist in the development of new design standards and specifications for their discipline.
- Work and coordinate with architectural, interiors, and other engineering disciplines for coordination of the project.
- Perform field work independently and lead a group of engineers and designers.
- Perform calculations using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer's software.
- Assist other Senior Engineers with engineering duties on large complex projects.
- Be able to develop project scope, budgets, and design approach for all size projects.
- Give guidance and mentor junior staff; including lead engineers, engineers, designers, and co-ops.
- Recognize colleagues' strengths and provides them with ongoing feedback and coaching
- Assist Project Managers, Project Directors, and Principals-In-Charge with business development and development of proposals for smaller less complex projects.
- Oversee and manage multiple projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Leaders and/or Business Center (BC) Leaders and be capable of multi-tasking.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required
- PE License required in the state(s) they are practicing - only Texas at this time
- LEED accredited professional is preferred
- Ability to meet NCEES requirements for licensure in other states required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in mechanical HVAC design
- Experience in mechanical plumbing design is a plus
- Can demonstrate projects in which they designed sustainable energy efficient mechanical HVAC and/or plumbing building solutions
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top