Senior Mechanical Contract Administrator - Buildings
Your Opportunity Experience. Creativity. Ingenuity. Stantec's Buildings team provides a full range of innovative services in buildings engineering, architecture, interior design, and facilities planning and operations, helping our clients to create high performance and cost-effective buildings and interiors.
Our Buildings group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible, and award-winning projects. We're passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent, and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multi-disciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, engineers, project managers, interior designers, planners, and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, planning, mechanical/electrical/structural engineering, and sustainability consulting for a wide variety of markets.
We have an opportunity in our Toronto, ON office for a Senior Mechanical Contract Administrator. In this role you will review and monitor mechanical work during a projects construction phase. Liaise with the owners, the contractors and the project design team to ensure conformance of the mechanical installation with the intent of the contract documents. Projects assigned may range from a construction value of $10,000.00 to $800,000,000.00 depending on the technical complexity.
- Assist in Design by performing document reviews prior to issue for tender
- Attend Construction meetings
- Review the Contractor's progress claims.
- Carry out site visits and field reviews to confirm compliance with Contract Documents.
- Document progress of the mechanical work on site.
- Document and respond to RFI'S with assistance from the design team
- Advise owner of necessary changes in the contract work.
- Assist the design team with preparation of change notices.
- Assess contractor's pricing for changes to scope of work
- Preliminary Review of shop drawings.
- Review contractor's record drawings
- Prepare and issue Field Review Reports, change notices, site instructions and clarifications as needed.
- At completion review the project for compliance with the OBC and other codes.
- Advise the Engineer of Record of the suitability of the project for occupancy as per the OBC. Conduct building evaluations and assessments
- Review Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
- Assist the performance engineering team with commissioning, recommissioning and retro commissioning activities
- Attend in house and formal training sessions to ensure continuing professional development
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Graduate of a technical college in mechanical technology or a mechanical journeyman certificate.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in the mechanical construction industry, with some experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience in the construction of Healthcare, Aviation, and Transit related facilities will be a definite asset.
- Willingness and aptitude to learning on the job and in formal settings.
- Should be familiar with basic construction techniques and project delivery methods.
- Must display a basic understanding of architectural, structural and electrical systems and their function within a facility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Must be comfortable with making independent decisions.
- Sound knowledge of the OBC.
- Familiar with the ULC standards governing the installation of Fire Protection Systems.
- A working knowledge of contract law and contract documentation.
- Sound working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of office products.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top