Senior Manager, Valuation
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
As a member of Financial Services, this position contributes primarily to Stantec's financial services team by participating in the valuation aspect of acquisitions, providing technical expertise for valuation work required by IFRS and by providing valuation expertise supporting financial reporting and divestitures.
This is a new position and part of a growing team.
Reporting to the Director, Transaction Services, the Senior Manager, Valuation is part of a team responsible for providing the execution of Stantec's valuation function for a publicly traded company with assets located around the world.
- Working closely with Stantec's Corporate Development group supervising the valuation or pricing of acquisition targets including review of preliminary due diligence materials and advising on transaction structuring including capitalization requirements;
- Participating in valuation and acquisition discussions with Corporate Development and C-Suite on a regularly scheduled and ad-hoc basis;
- Supervising the purchase accounting for valuations including the fair value work for all acquired assets and liabilities;
- Ability to project manage and pick up other Financial Services projects as required for a publicly traded company;
- Coordinate processes and deliverables to facilitate the execution of a smooth quarterly and year end valuation process;
- Reviewing the annual goodwill impairment test including detailed reports and schedules as required by IFRS;
- Reviewing valuations for purposes of corporate reorganizations (tax related or CGU's) or divestitures (this would include providing structure advice in addition to valuation advice);
- Reviewing the quarterly indicators of impairment analysis for goodwill and other long lived assets including intangible assets, in support of financial reporting as required by IFRS;
- Reviewing impairment testing of intangible assets as required;
- Reporting to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis regarding goodwill and other long lived asset impairment reviews;
- Maintaining compliance with SOX for the valuation function;
- Working closely with internal and external financial reporting groups;
- Monitoring external best practice standards and practices;
- Ensuring that Stantec's valuation policies and practices remain best practice and implement process improvements;
- Ensuring appropriate documentation, and standardization of processes; and
- Working with internal and external auditors as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: You are a Chartered Professional Accountant with over 12-years post designation experience and a CBV with a minimum 7 years of post-designation experience. Your personal qualities include strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong understanding of IFRS particularly IFRS 3, IFRS 13, and IAS 38; attention to detail; presentation and interpersonal skills; ability to assess priorities, coordinate tasks and meet deadlines; excellent communication skills; and a commitment to continuous learning. You work equally effectively as part of a team and independently. Your valuation and financial reporting experience makes you a valuable resource for the Valuation manager and the other members of Financial Services. Your reputation for being client-focused in your services within a demanding, detailed and results orientated environment makes you an ideal candidate for this dynamic and challenging position.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top