Senior Leader, Infrastructure, Durham Region
- Markham, Canada
Stantec is seeking a highly driven leader with a passion for business development, infrastructure engineering, and business excellence to become a Principal, Infrastructure, in our Whitby office and lead our growth efforts in Durham Region.
We have an aggressive business plan for Durham Region and aim to be a top three engineering service provide in each of our Transportation, Water, and Community Development business lines over the next 2-3 years.
We are already very active in Durham, delivering significant projects for Metrolinx, a variety of real estate developers and municipalities, and the Region itself.
The successful candidate will be a leader within Stantec and play a critical role in winning, delivering, and managing our projects, mentoring and hiring staff, and ensuring we provide results that are above and beyond our customer's expectations.
You will report directly to our Region Leader for Ontario East, who has overall responsibility for driving top-line growth within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), through strategic initiatives and effective account management by promoting cross-selling and of services across all business lines.
If you are motivated by doing what's right, have a passion for the world's development challenges and finding those next level solutions, and meet the qualifications listed below, please apply and include your resume and a cover letter outlining why you would are the ideal candidate for this role.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Leads effective business development strategies that will drive top-line growth within Durham Region.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to develop client relationships, win work, and grow the business.
- Currently maintains strong client relationships with the Region, municipalities, and private sector clients, including real estate developers, and will build on those strong client relationships.
- Responsible for staff engagement within the Whitby office.
- Responsible to attract and retain key project managers and staff.
- Ensures efficient project and resource management.
- Cooperates and collaborates in a collaborative team approach and works seamlessly with other Stantec leaders in the GTA and beyond.
- Responsible for the account management of major local clients within Durham Region, and personally pursue and lead significant projects.
- Assist our local Infrastructure business lines in preparation of marketing and business development plans and contribute to the annual business plan and budget for these business line - outlining the vision, focus, and priorities for implementation and setting specific goals for performance.
- Participates with local regional and business lines leadership in completing performance reviews for project managers and other staff at the Whitby office.
- Maintains a passion for excellence, continuous improvement, and strong project management/delivery.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills and experience presenting technical information to broad audiences.
- Inspirational team leader with strong leadership, management, and team building skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably with a focus on infrastructure engineering (transportation, civil, water resources, etc.).
- Ideally maintains a P.Eng. license or the equivalent.
- 12 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a background in consulting, preferably in Infrastructure (transportation engineering, water infrastructure, or community development).
- 5 years of experience of successfully managing projects as a client and project manager with on-the-job experience as a project manager.
This position is based out of Stantec's Whitby office but the successful candidate will also be required to attend meetings at other offices through the GTA, such as our offices in Markham, downtown Toronto, and Mississauga.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Markham
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000013Z
Back to top